Procrastination

 
Before you fight procrastination, diagnose yourself and find out why people procrastinate.

WHY WE PROCRASTINATE?


We all procrastinate from time to time. The recent studies show that the habit of procrastination is becoming more widely spread in our time and productivity obsessed culture. The very culture that praises productivity and time management, very often is the source of stress and can be the culprit behind our procrastination habits. Why people procrastinate? There are many reasons but the eight (8) we list are most common ones. Sometimes, procrastinating is harmless. When you put off mowing your lawn, the only result is your grass growing. No serious consequences can harm you. But sometimes procrastination can result in serious problems. That is why it’s best to fight the habit. To do so, you must however establish why you procrastinate first.


 1. BECAUSE YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST

It can be tempting to put things off, or delay completing tasks simply because you're worried that the result of your work is going to be less than perfect. Take it easy and allow yourself to be sometimes a bit less than perfect.


2. BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED TO FAIL AND DISAPPOINT EVERYBODY

Because of a fear of failing and because of we predict others may think of us in a result, we often procrastinate or  don't do things at all. Try to face the fear and rationalize it by thinking of what really failing means.



 3. BECAUSE YOU SEE THE TASK AS HUMONGOUS AND COMPLICATED

We tend to view tasks as large, complicated and we fear them even more in result. The truth is, almost everything we can do be broken down into little manageable parts.



4. BECAUSE YOU ARE A CONTROL FREAK

By procrastinating, you hold the most control over whatever task you're working on. However, this also means, obviously, that the particular task isn't being done.


5. BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF SELF-CONTROL

Procrastinating comes easier to people who naturally do not have the discipline to complete tasks in a timely and organized manner. Try to work on your levels of self-control to make sure they do not get  in a way of your productivity.


6. BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT ESTIMATING TIME COMMITMENTS 

Some people continue to fail in estimating the time commitments even if they do it wrong all the time. Make sure to learn from past mistakes. If something took longer than expected, make sure to plan more time next time you engage in similar task.



7. BECAUSE YOU ARE A PLAIN LAZY

Being lazy doesn't always have to be a bad thing. Especially that it is a very commonly spread thing. Most of amazing creative solutions came to life because people are lazy. But just make sure that being lazy and putting things off does not become a habit.


8. BECAUSE YOU LOVE THE RISK AND THE THRILL

Some people always procrastinate as they simply love the adrenaline rushing in their veins once they have to meet all the deadlines at the same time. I do understand that but it can be not only addictive but dangerous as well.

So now, we all know the most common reasons why people procrastinate. So I encourage you to overcome procrastination for you to not waste time.

So, what type of procrastinator are you and why you procrastinate? Just comment below. Thank you.
 
Previous
Next Post »

11 comments

Write comments
Ma'am Hannah
AUTHOR
July 25, 2016 at 8:34 PM delete

I'm definitely the watcher. LOL.
Me: "Look at all these school works I need to do!"
Other me: "Look at all these TV series/movies Im gonna watch before I actually do something worthy of my time!" HAHAHHAHA

Reply
avatar
Arczed
AUTHOR
July 27, 2016 at 12:12 AM delete

I am definitely the napper and the snacker. Hehe. I just indulge myself first before actually doing what I needed to do. Haha. I get to condition myself before undergoing hardships.I think it's my motivation. Wahahahaha. :D

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
July 27, 2016 at 4:32 AM delete

May be I am napper one because I want to sleep every time when I am free however looking now my present situation. I think I should put more energy when working.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
July 27, 2016 at 7:05 AM delete

The gamer here hoho

I am always playing online games because it's my stress relief, even before, but now, I was a bit curious about this procrastination and I was wondering, how can I stop procrastinating with online games?

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
July 27, 2016 at 7:34 AM delete

In that case, my advice to you is to try as many new things as possible. Don't be afraid to step outside your comfort zone and try new things. You won't know what you like if you don't try. Don't waste your time playing online games only. You can be productive without using it. Just manage your time and you can stop procrastinating.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
July 27, 2016 at 4:25 PM delete

Im definitely THE LIST MAKER. Creating a list of task supposedly be done today until suddenly I change my mind to do it tomorrow XD

Reply
avatar
July 27, 2016 at 6:17 PM delete

I'm the Watcher, and the gamer. Hahaha. You can't spell my name without "procrastinate" in it. because I'm too damn lazy to do anything. XD

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
July 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM delete

The Perpetuator here!! :) 'coz tomorrow is another day :D

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
August 1, 2016 at 5:46 PM delete

Im the watcher, the list maker, the snacker, the napper. Maybe im everything. LOL!

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
March 28, 2018 at 7:56 AM delete This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar

“Sadyang mailap ang humanap ng tunay na pag-ibig. Madaling sabihing mahal kita, madaling isiping mahal ka niya, pero paano mo malalamang... ito na, eto na talaga?”

Ramon Bautista, Bakit Hindi Ka Crush ng Crush Mo?